As a kid, I thought that Brussels sprouts were the most disgusting green veggie on planet earth (well, maybe second to spinach). I am pretty sure I have figured out why we didn’t like Brussels sprouts as kids. If your parents were like mine, they boiled the life and taste right out of them!
This past summer I went to my sisters lake house and she made Brussels sprouts to go with our dinner. I wasn’t very excited about this because it was the only side dish. Her and my lovely wife told me that if I’m going to be the TX Foodie that I have to at least try them!
So, I tried them and ended up having two helpings for dinner because they were really delicious. My sisters recipe is below and I continue to make it as often as I can.Print
Tasty Brussel Sprouts
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Steaming
- Cuisine: Side Dish
These Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are an easy, quick and delicious side your family will love!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts washed, dried
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 a bag of bacon bits (I use EPIC Uncured Bacon Bits)
- lime juice from a fresh lime
- dash of pepper for taste
- Heat a nonstick pan with medium heat.
- Add coconut oil and butter to the pan and let melt.
- Depending on the size of the Brussel Sprouts cut them in half or if larger quarter them and then add them to the pan.
- Place lid on pan and steam for about 10 minutes and occasionally stirring, so they don’t stick together too much.
- When the Brussel sprouts start turning darker in color and shrinking in size stir in the bacon bits, honey, and lime juice.
- Continue to stir and cook for about another 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Keywords: Tasty, Brussel Sprouts, Steamed