Bacon Wrapped Smoked Meatloaf – Need I say more!
- 2/3 lb ground beef
- 2/3 lb ground pork
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Add the diced onion, green pepper and ground meat to a large bowl.
- Add the bbq sauce, eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Mix the meatloaf with your hands and set aside.
- Wrap the meatloaf with the “bacon weave”. See above in my post for instructions to make the weave.
- Drizzle some barbecue sauce on the bacon weave and then top with the meatloaf.
- Then drizzle a little more sauce over the top of the meatloaf. Finally using the foil/parchment for help, fold the bacon around the meatloaf. Make sure to keep the crease on the top of the meatloaf. That way you can flip it onto the grill without any problems.
- Preheat your grill or smoker to 275 degrees. Make sure it is set up for offset cooking.
- Cook for 2.5 hours or until the internal temperature is 135 degrees. Then remove the lid and baste the outside of the meatloaf with your favorite bbq sauce.
- Continue cooking for about 1 hour more or until the internal temperature is 163 degrees. At this point, remove from the smoker, cover with a piece of tin foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.
Keywords: Bacon, BBQ, Grilled, Meatloaf, Smoked, Weave