I enjoy some homemade biscuits and sausage gravy that my mom would make for me as a kid. This ultimate breakfast casserole is the closest recipe I could get that reminds me of that along with eggs and cheese all in a single dish.
If you're like me and enjoy biscuits and sausage gravy, then you’ll love this! This dish is even better the next day.Print
This is a Comforting, Hearty Breakfast Casserole that is loaded with Gravy, Sausage, Eggs, and Cheese!
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough (I used Grands, which are slightly bigger)
- 6 eggs
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage, any flavor
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through. (read tips above)
- Serve warm (leftovers are excellent too!
- If you find your casserole is getting too brown for your taste, cover with a foil tent to keep it from browning too much more.)
- Like gravy – Consider doubling the amount used (or just to keep some on the side.)
Keywords: biscuits, breakfast, breakfast casserole, main dish, pork, sausage