If you’re looking for something light and healthy. This dish is easy to make and tastes like you spent hours preparing it this is the recipe for you. Add in the fact that it is low carb it’s like winning the food lottery.Print
Sauteed cabbage and smoked sausage is a low carb one pan meal ready in less than 30 minutes. A quick weeknight meal on a budget! A simple dish with few ingredients that make shopping and cooking a breeze!
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 large sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 14 oz smoked sausage sliced
- large head green cabbage cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion, sauté until onion is translucent about 5-7 minutes.
Add the garlic and sauté another minute.
Add the soy sauce to the pan, stir and scrape the bottom of the pan.
Add sliced sausage to the pan and sauté until slightly browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, cabbage, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the cabbage with butter and seasonings.
Saute until cabbage is wilted and slightly browned about 8-10 minutes.
Keywords: Spicy, Sautéed, Low Carb, Simple, Easy