- 2-inch thick steaks (Ribeye and Strip steaks are my favorites)
- Salt, Peper, Garlic (SPG) Mix
- Preheat Smoker to 200°F - 225°F. While the smoker warms up, put a generous amount of Salt, Pepper, and Garlic on both sides of the steak.
- Place steak in the smoker for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 115 – 120 degrees F for a rare steak. Then increase the temperature to 500 degrees Fahrenheit on your grill or smoker. Alternatively, you can finish over cast iron on the stovetop if using an offset smoker.
- Place steaks over direct heat and grill each side for 1 – 2 minutes or until you get nice char marks. Pull the steaks when the internal temperature of the steak is between 125 and 130 degrees F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and then slice against the grains. Serve with your favorite sides.
Keywords: Reverse Seared Steak, Smoked