This crockpot chicken taco soup is easy to make. It's healthy and filling and is the perfect comfort food.
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chicken
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (2 tsp)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Rotel
- 1 (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 tbs taco seasoning (I use FreshJax Taco Seasoning)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cook ground chicken in a skillet over medium heat. Once cooked drain and add to the crockpot.
- Add olive oil to the pan, then sautee onions and jalapeno over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic to the pan and cook for another minute then add to the crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the crockpot and stir until everything is mixed.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Top with sour cream and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Keywords: bean soup, taco soup