Breakfast is commonly known as "the most important meal of the day." I know it's essential for me to get a healthy breakfast after a long night of sleep. For me, this quick & easy healthy breakfast scramble recipe is my go-to for breakfast. When I say quick, I mean like 10 minutes. On Sunday's I'll cook either a package of sausage or bacon and use it through the week only needing to reheat it as I make the scrambled eggs and sautee the spinach and onions.
I like the history of food, and I wanted to share some with you.
It was not until the 15th century that "breakfast" came into use in written English to describe a morning meal, which literally means to break the fasting period of the prior night just ended. In Old English, the term had been morgenmete, meaning "morning meal."Wikipedia
My typical breakfast is low carbs and sugar but high in protein. This quick & easy healthy breakfast scramble recipe includes Eggs, Bacon or Sausage, Red Onion & Spinach along with some fresh smoked salsa. After eating this breakfast I will be full and focused until it's time to eat lunch.
This dish is also fantastic for dinner I mean who doesn't like breakfast for dinner every now and again? If you're making this for dinner you could use steak instead of breakfast sausage or bacon.Print
Quick and tasty breakfast recipe. This breakfast is even healthy!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup already cooked crumbled breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup raw spinach
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- Add avocado oil to your non-stick pan and heat up with medium heat.
- Add already cooked crumbled sausage, chopped onion, and spinach to the pan and cook until spinach is shriveled up.
- While cooking the ingredients in step 2, let's take the 2 eggs and mix them in a small bowl.
- Now pour the eggs over the mixture in the pan and cook until the eggs are cooked to your liking. You can scramble them or even make an omelet.
- Serve with your favorite fresh smoked salsa.
Keywords: Breakfast, Healthy, Quick, Easy