Smoked barbecue makes some of the best leftover dishes. I love tacos, and this pork rib taco recipe is one of my favorites. For this recipe, I am using some extra St. Louis Style ribs; I smoked the other day.
Leftover Taco Preparation
Let's start by heating a non-stick pan on medium heat. While the pan is warming up, it's time to cut the rib meat off the bones and chop it up into small pieces. Now go ahead and put the chopped rib meat in the warm non-stick pan.
For this dish, I like to throw some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and Tapatio hot sauce in the pan while the meat is warming up. The sauces have a little sugar in them, and it gives the rib meat some nice crisp like similar to carnitas.
Once you toss a couple of tablespoons of each sauce, continue to heat and toss the meat around to coat the rib meat with the sauces. Now that the rib meat has sauce all over let the meat sizzle in the pan to start letting the sauces caramelize and become crispy.
Build the Taco
Now that the rib meat is warmed up and crispy, let us build a tasty taco. Warm up the tortillas, I use corn for this taco recipe, but you can use flour if you prefer. I also like to use metal taco stands when building my tacos it helps keep the tortilla open without ripping it (corn tortillas can rip easily).
Add some meat to your tortillas, I like to also add some chopped onion, cilantro, and feta cheese to finish the taco. A nice side dish to go with these tacos is a crunch cold cucumber salad.Print
This taco recipe is a quick and easy dish to make. Your smoked ribs taste even better leftover and used in this dish.
- 3/4 cup of chopped rib meat
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- 2 tsp Tapatio's Hot Sauce
- Warm-up your leftover chopped rib meat over medium heat in a non-stick pan.
- Add the Sweet Baby Ray's and Tapatio hot sauce (you can use your favorite sauces here) to the meat in the pan.
- Stir the meat to cover the meat in the sauces.
- Continue to warm the meat until you get some crispy edges on a majority of your chopped rib meat.
- Build your taco's and serve it warm
Keywords: Pork Ribs, Tacos, Leftovers