Taco Soup Tuesday’s
Taco Tuesdays are great, but Taco Soup Tuesdays are way better, and there are usually leftovers. I make this soup a lot during the winter because it’s easy and my family loves it. The great thing about this recipe is you can cook it in a crockpot, or if you’re in a hurry and need a quick meal in 20-30 minutes, you can easily make it on the stovetop. The other great thing is you can use ground beef, chicken, pork, or even turkey.
How To Freeze Taco Soup
- Let the soup cool down.
- Place soup into a freezer bag or freezer container (leave some room for it to expand).
- Put in the freezer. It will stay good for up to six months.
- When you’re ready to reheat the soup, place in the refrigerator or microwave to thaw. Then simmer in a pot over low heat.
This crockpot chicken taco soup is easy to make. It’s healthy and filling and is the perfect comfort food.
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chicken
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (2 tsp)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Rotel
- 1 (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 tbs taco seasoning (I use FreshJax Taco Seasoning)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cook ground chicken in a skillet over medium heat. Once cooked drain and add to the crockpot.
- Add olive oil to the pan, then sautee onions and jalapeno over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic to the pan and cook for another minute then add to the crockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the crockpot and stir until everything is mixed.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
- Top with sour cream and cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Keywords: bean soup, taco soup