This smoked bacon-wrapped dill pickles recipe is the cousin of the TX Twinkie. It's juicier and brinier (not hotter) but has some fantastic flavors just try it! For this bacon-wrapped dill pickles recipe, I used the same mix that I used for the TX Twinkies, but you could substitute that mix with this one. 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons of Ranch Hidden Valley Packet.Print
Pickles, cheese, bacon what else do you need?
- 6 Dill Pickles (large)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup smoked brisket (for this recipe I used leftovers from my last smoke)
- 1 cups smoked pepper jack cheese
- 12 slices bacon thick sliced
- Slice large dill pickles in half lengthwise. Scoop out middle of each pickle half.
- Make the stuffing mixture using 1 cup of chopped brisket, 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, 2 cups of shredded pepper jack cheese. Mix well.
- Spoon cheese mixture into dill pickle halves. Do not overfill. Spooning enough to fill the insides is perfect.
- Wrap each stuffed pickle with thick cut bacon.
- Place directly on smoker grate and set temp to 350°. Bake for 30-40 minutes until you have the desired doneness with your bacon.
For this recipe I used the same mix that I used for the TX Twinkies but you could remove the brisket and substitute the pepperjack cheese with 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons of Ranch Hidden Valley Packet.
Keywords: Dill Pickles, Bacon, Cheese, Smoked